Dr Vinith RAssociate Professor
I believe teaching is the art and science of lifing an individual from his/her current level to a higher plane where he/she is capable and confident of making enduring contributions to society.... Read More
- BTech: MG University
- Mtech: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Ettimadai, Coimbatore
- Ph.D: NIT Calicut
Adhoc faculty in Department of Computer Science and Engineering at NITC for three and a half years.
Areas of Specialization
- Machine Learning
- Image Processing
- Medical Image Analysis
Areas of Interest
Machine Learning, Image Processing - Specifically applications of learning algorithms on image analysis problems. Another area that fascinates me is theoretical machine learning. I strive to improve my mathematical understanding and equip myself to grasp the works in this direction.
Acted as resource person for the following programs:
- Tanuj Kumar Jhamb, Vinith Rejathalal, V K Govindan,, “A Review on Image Reconstruction through MRI
k-Space Data,” International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2014,1,1-3
- Tanuj Kumar Jhamb, Vinith Rejathalal, V K Govindan, “Hybrid Sampling Technique for MRI Image
Reconstruction”,International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences, USA,
ISSN (Print): 2279-0047 ISSN (Online): 2279-0055.
- Mahipal Singh Parmar, Vinith Rejathalal, V K Govindan,“Study of Computed Tomographic Image
Reconstruction employing different Norms for Regularization”, The International Journal Research
Publication’s, Research Journal of Science & IT Managament, Singapore, ISSN:2251 1563.
- Vinith R, Aswani A S, V K Govindan, “Medical Image Compression Using Sparse
Approximatio”,International Journal of Advanced Computer and Mathematical Sciences, ISSN 2230-9624,Vol
6, Issue 2,2015,pp 30-39.
- Siddharth Jain, Vinith R, V K Govindan, “Image Segmentation using Sparse Subspace Clustering”,
RJSITM: Volume: 04, Number: 08, June-2015.
- Unnikrishnan P, Vinith R, V K Govindan, “Classification of Text Documents using Sparse
Representation”,Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and
Information Sciences, June 2014.
- R Vinith, K Sarthaj, A Lijiya, V K Govindan, “ A New Feature Extraction Method for Identification of
Affected Regions and Diagnosis of Cognitive Disorders”, International Conference on Advances in Com-
puting,communications and Informatics(ICACCI), 2016, Jaipur, India, 2016, pp. 1329-1334.