A result oriented self driven person with high moral values who has great passion for teaching and loves friendship.
M Tech in Structural Engineering, College of Engineering Trivandrum
M S in Sanitary Engg, IHE, Netherlands
B Tech in Civil Engineering, NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad, University of Calicut
Retired chief Engineer from Kerala water authority with 33 years of experience.
Working as Professor and HOD in Jyothi Engineering College since 10/06/2015
Areas of Specialization
Areas of Interest
Water quality management, Project management, Teaching, Research
Organised Water Security, 2009, National Conference for Govt. of Kerala
Water security plan for the State and instrumental in launching the program in the year of 2010
Commissioning of 50 crore World Bank aided Chavara Panmana Community based water supply scheme in the year of 2013
Organised Safe water Kerala, 2014, National Conference for Govt. of Kerala
Commissioning of 3000 crore JICA aided water supply project in the year of 2015
- Prof. M. G Cyriac, Prof. S Rathish, Jisha Akkara, Neeraja P.G.“Combating pollution in traditional water sources of Kerala”, International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering, Vol No. 5, Spl. Issue:1, Feb 2016.
- Prof. M. G Cyriac, Prof. S Rathish, Jisha Akkara, Neeraja P.G.“combating pollution in traditional water sources of Kerala”, 3rd International Conference on Recent Innovations in Science, Engineering and Management, Feb 2016.
- Prof. S. Rathish, Anu Theresa, “Smart Water Supply Systems”, Proceedings of the Seminar on Water Supply for Towns and Villages – Problems and Solutions”, Environmental Engineering Division, Institution of Engineers, Kozhikkode local chapter.
- Prof. S Rathish, “Smart Water Supply System for Cities”, National Seminar on Architectural Engineering for Smart Cities, ARDB, Institution of Engineers, Kozhikkode, 29-30 October 2015.
- Prof. S Rathish, “A rational approach to water quality management”, National Workshop on ‘Issues and Challenges of Drinking water Management in Kerala’, Kerala State Planning Board and Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Trivandrum, 1st October 2015.
- “Success of community based water supply schemes in Kerala”, South East Asia Regional Conference on Water and Sanitation organized by World Bank, 2012,
- “Sanitation in Kerala”, South East Asia Regional Conference on Water and Sanitation organized by World Bank, 2012.
- Resource person for One day training on ‘Water quality’ – Dec 2, 2015 at jyothi engineering college.
- Resource person for “Challenges and Opportunities in Civil Engineering”, Invited talk to M Dasan Institute of Technology, Kozhikkode. 28-01-2016.
- Resource person for “Water Supply”, Induction training program for the IAS officers at IMG, Trivandrum on 25-09-2015 and 26-11-2015.
- Attenended Seven day FDP on “Performance Based Work Ethic” held at Jyothi Engineering College, Cheruthuruthy from 13th to 19th June 2016.
Water Quality Assessment of Traditional Sources in Vallathole Nagar Panchayat (final year btech civil engineering project in the year of 2015-2016.)