Dr George RaphealAssociate Professor
- Ph.D (Materials Engineering): Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore 560012, 2016
- M.Tech (Materials Science): National Institute of Technology (NIT)Trichy, 2004
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engg.): University of Calicut/Govt. Engg. College Thrissur, 1998
- Pre-Degree: University of Calicut/St. Thomas College Thrissur, 1993
- SSLC: Don Bosco High School Mannuthy Board of Public Exams, Govt. of Kerala, 1991
- Mahle Filter systems India Ltd., Gurgaon Asst. Manager(Product Design) 2005-2006
- Bharath Technologies Auto Components Ltd., Hosur, Post Graduate Engineer 2004
- Instrumentation Ltd., Palakkad, Design Engineer(Flow control devices), 2001-2002
- Sundaram Clayton, Chennai, Project Engineer, 2004
- Indian space research organization, Thiruvananthapuram, Graduate engineer trainee, 2000-2001
- Vimal Jyothi Engineering College, Chemperi, Kannur, Associate professor, 2016-2018
- Kongu engineering college, Erode, Lecturer, 2006-2007
Areas of Specialization
- Materials engineering
Areas of Interest
- Tribology, Corrosion, Surface engineering
- G. Rapheal, S. Kumar, C. Blawert, Narendra B. Dahotre, Wear behavior of plasma electrolytic oxidation (PEO) and hybrid coatings of PEO and laser on MRI 230D magnesium alloy, Wear, 271, 2011, pages 1987–1997.
- G. Rapheal, S. Kumar, C. Blawert, Narendra B. Dahotre, Improving corrosion resistance of MRI 230D Mg alloy by hybrid coating of laser surface alloying and plasma electrolytic oxidation, Materials science forum, 706–709,
2012, pages 1209–1214.
- G. Rapheal, S. Kumar, N. Scharnagl, C. Blawert, Effect of current density on the microstructure and corrosion properties of plasma electrolytic oxidation (PEO) coatings on AM50 Mg alloy produced in an electrolyte containing clay additives, Surface and coatings technology, 289, 2016, pages 150–164
- G. Rapheal, S. Kumar, C. Blawert, Narendra B. Dahotre, Laser surface alloying of a creep resistant magnesium alloy MRI 230D with Al and Al2O3 in (Eds.) S. Agnew, N.R. Neelameggham, E.A. Nyberg, W. Sillekens, Magnesium Technology 2010: Proceedings of a symposium sponsored by the magnesium committee of the light metals division of TMS, 2010, pages 161–166.