A desire is your first step to change, a decision the second and a determination the surety of your success.
NBA ACCREDITED TILL 30-06-2019 ref. F.No. 26-50/2014/NBA Dt: 25-10-2016
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering started the Bachelor of Technology programme in Electronics & Communication Engineering in the year 2002.The programme started with an intake of 60 students. The intake was increased to 120 in 2013.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Jyothi Engineering College offers the best opportunity for budding professionals to learn and perform well in today's competitive world.Well qualified and committed faculty are our strength.The B.Tech.programme has good placement records every year.
Create eminent and ethical leaders in the field of Electronics and Communication through quality professional education to excel in academia and industry.
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge through quality education and life skills training to make competent graduates with leadership and social commitment.
- To impart entrepreneurial orientation and motivation for research among the students through knowledge transfer between industrial, academic & research institutions.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates shall have fundamental and advanced knowledge in electronics and communication engineering along with knowledge in mathematics, science and computing and get employed in national or international organizations or government agencies.
- Graduates shall have ability in analyzing, designing and creating innovative solutions which lead to a lifelong learning process or higher qualification, making them experts in their profession thus helping to solve electronics & communication engineering and social problems.
- Graduates shall have good organizing capability, presentation skills, communicating ability, leadership, team work and ethical practices.
The Program Outcomes of Under-Graduate programs in Electronics & Communication Engineering are
Students will have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in the field of Electronics & Communication engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data and results in Electronics & Communication engineering.
- Ability to design Electronics & Communication systems, components, or processes to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability with economic, environmental, social, political and ethical considerations.
- Ability to work individually as well as in multidisciplinary teams as a member or as a leader to accomplish the common goal.
- Ability to identify, analyze, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in any area of their field to the industry, and society.
- Broad knowledge necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations and society.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning to update their knowledge to keep pace with changes caused by the dynamic nature of the engineering field.
- Awareness of contemporary issues that help to integrate advanced and sustainable solutions in the user environment.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, software and equipment necessary for designing, developing electronic systems.
Future job scope of Electronics & Communication Engineering – Studying electronics and communication engineering is the dream of every second aspirant due to a number of reasons – growth, job opportunities, salary range and continuous industry growth. One of the broad engineering fields, Electronics and Communication involves the transmission of information across channels like coax cable or optical fiber or radio link.
ECSA in association with IETE conducted Valence `16 Mini project expo for S7 students (2013-2017 batches) on 8th July 2016 in the labs of ECE department. The mini projects completed by present S7 students were exhibited and presented in this project expo.
Following teams won the first three position:
First Position: Mr. Josy Joseph, Ms.Jasna T, Mr. Athul C N, Ms. Anjali M (Railwaycross Collision avoidance System)
Second Position: Mr. Sandeep C M, Ms. Shruti S Nair, Ms.Vindhuja M V,Ms. Sandra PS(Intelligent Alarm)
Third Position: Mr. Rahul M, Mr Vishnu EK, Mr.Manoj A(New And Fast Track Of Data - Visible Light Communication)
The objective of this workshop is to expose the faculty and curious minds about the basic concept of Networking and to familiarise with advanced Network Simulator NS3.
For online transfer of registration fees (Rs. 300)
IFSC Code: FDRL0001525
Account No: 15250100017460
The laboratory allows the students to understand the fundamentals of Electronic Devices & Test & Measuring instruments. Furthermore, it stresses on designing Electronic Circuits. The laboratory equips Multi Channel Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Arbitrary Waveform Generators, etc.
This lab provides Advanced Equipments like DSP & VLSI Kits to do Experiments & Projects related to Signal Processing & Advance d Digital Designs. The Computers are equipped with Technical Software tools like MATLAB, PSpice, Proteus, Xilinx ISE, etc are for Digital Signal Processing, Biomedical Instrumentation, VLSI designs, etc.
The Lab is equipped with 8085, 8086, 8051 Kits allowing the students to familiarize and do Experiments related to Microprocessor / Microcontroller Programming.
This lab provides Digital Trainer Kits which allow the students to familiarize and implement Digital devices & circuits. The Lab is currently shared by the Department of Information Technology.
Library incharge - Ms Nisha Mary P
The Department Library has a collection of around 1000 text books as well as project reports and seminar works carried out by the students.
|Number of CD's||: 94|
|Magazines||: Electronics For you|
|Project Reports||: 2006-2016 ( Reports)|
|Mini Project Reports||: 2006-2016 ( Reports)|
|Seminar Reports||: 2006-2016 (1036 Reports)|
|Lab Manuals||: 10|
Electronics and Communication Students Association (ECSA) is an organization initiated by the students of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department. It was started in the year of 2005. ECSA organizes Technical Events like Seminars, Workshops, Contests, Quizzes, etc every year.
With the aim of improving the technical knowledge and empowering students to become intellectual explorers.
ECE Dept. HOD – Dr. Jose P Therattil
ECE Dept. Staff Coordinators – Mr. Abin Johns Raju
ECSA Secretary – Mr. Ajay,S5 ECE A
ECSA Joint Secretary – Ms Steffy,S5ECE B
ECSA Treasurer – Mr Derin Varghese, S7 ECEB
ECSA Event Manager – Ms.Desmin Dennis,S7 ECEB
SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES LTD
Anagha S , Ananya P , Ann Sebi , Antony Sunny , Jishnu T B , Keerthana K, Rinsa Edison, Shruti S Nair, Steve Thomas, Sudeepa S Nair, Vivek V Nair
IBS TECHNOLOGIES LTD
Anagha S, Juliya Sunny, Sudeepa S Nair
SLK SOFTWARE SERVICES PVT. LTD
Ananya P , Juliya Sunny, Jithin P, Sudeepa S Nair
Ms. Aswathy Anil of S7 ECEA along Steffy Akkara (S7 EEE), Manasa Madhu (S7 EEE), Sona S (S7 CSE), Amrutha V V (S7 CE) won the first prize in Startup i3 competition & workshop held on 19,20,21 July 2016 at Al-Ameen Engineering College,Shornur sponsored by Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM ) in association with Openfuel.org. The workshop aims building up a Entrepreneurial skills among the Student Community and to bring out the 3 stages of Ideation, Innovation & Incubation
Congratulations to the team comprising the following Jyothi students that got selected for Smart India Hackathon 2017.Thejus Tony (S4 ECE-B ),Sooraj O.R. (S4 ECE-B) ,Varadha N. (S4 ECE-B)