The library has got a collection 34831 volumes consisting of 11521 titles in different domains of Science and Technology.
|Department Location||Central Library|
|Contact – Ph. No.||04884 2741198,274423,259000 – Ext:204|
|Circulation desk||04884 2741198,274423,259000 - Ext: 203|
|Reference and Digital Library||04884 2741198,274423,259000 - Ext: 215|
|Total number of Books||34831|
- Reference Service
- Interlibrary Loan
- Reprographic Service
- User Instruction
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Current Awareness Service
A good collection of 1894 CD-ROMs and Electronic journals can be accessed through Digital Library. In the digital library we have 36 computers connected to Internet. The library provides IP enabled access to E-books from Wiley Online Library and E-Journals in Engineering & Technology by the following five major publishers
- ASTM Digital Library by ASTM International
- IEEE ASPP+POP combo package by IEEE
- ASCE E-Journal Package by ASCE
- ASME- E-Journal Package by ASME
- Elsevier Engineering & Computer Science Package by Elsevier
The library has membership (Membership No. IM-1353) in Developing Library Network(DELNET) which provides access to Union Catalogue of Books & Journals, Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services etc. It maintains an Online Union Catalogue of books available in its member-libraries, etc. It has 2,28,45,202 bibliographic records in the union catalogue of books. The request for inter-library loan can be placed through the online system.
Library also subscribes to web courses and video lectures developed under National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) by IIT Madras which is funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The main objective of NPTEL program is to enhance the quality of engineering education in the country by developing curriculum based video and web courses. This is being carried out by seven IITs and IISc Banglore as a collaborative project.
Total Number of Web Courses - 123
Total Number of Video Courses- 291
JEC Library Digital Repository has been developed with the help of open source software, DSpace(version 1.7.0), in order to collect, preserve and make accessible the scholarly and professional literature. Currently it can be accessed through http://126.96.36.199/xmlui
General Guidelines for Using Library
- All staff members and students are members of the library
- Use of library is normally restricted to its members only. Others have to produce written permission from the Principle to use the library facilities.
- The library will be open from 9.00 am to 7.30 pm on all days (Monday-Friday). On Saturdays and during vacation the working time is up to 5.00pm only.
- Issue time is from 9.00am to 6.00pm. Issue will not be done during class timings.
- Every student shall enter his/her name and class in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose.
- Books, hand bags, umbrellas and other personal belongings must be left outside before entering the library. Only one note book is however is allowed to be taken inside if required for the purpose of taking notes.
- For serious and useful study calm and peaceful atmosphere is necessary. Students are therefore, required to observe strict silence and decorum in the library. Use of mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- The papers and periodicals lying on the table shall not be removed from the reading room or from the place allotted for each.
- Every U G student will be entitled to borrow maximum of Four books and PG students Six books at a time from the library.
- Teaching staff and Non-Teaching staff can borrow Eight books and Four books respectively.
- Before leaving the counter the borrowers shall examine the books taken by them and point out any mutilation or defect in any book to the librarian and have these noted in the book and initialed by the librarian. Otherwise the borrowers will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation observed.
- Members shall show the books borrowed from the library to the library staff while leaving at the gate.
- Books issued to students must be returned within 14days. The date of return of the book will be noted in the return slip pasted in the book. For retaining books beyond the due date of return, a member will have to pay an overdue charge of Rupees two per book per day for first one week and thereafter at the rate of rupees 10.
- The librarian has the right to call back any book issued to any member before the due date if it is wanted for some special reasons.
- Writing in the books, soiling, causing injury to the binding, tearing of pages etc. are strictly forbidden.
- If any book is lost, damaged or mutilated the borrower shall be required to replace the books (new one) with fine or have to pay such compensation as may be decided by the Principal.
- The transfer or sub lending of books is strictly prohibited
- Journals and codes of practices cannot be taken outside the library.
- While using the internet, printout cannot be taken.
- Students are abide to follow any other rules/modification to existing rules issued from time to time.